Acceptable File Formats
We support both Mac and PC files created in current Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign software.
- WE CANNOT PRINT from InDesign PDFs (InDesign PDFs must be flattened or rasterized)
- Please do not provide Microsoft Office and Corel Draw file formats
File Size / DPI
Artwork should be built at 100 to 120 DPI, full-size / proportionally scaled (i.e.: 200 DPI at 50%; or 400 DPI at 25% of final output size).
- Do not submit files at greater DPI than requested — higher DPI does not result in better
All files are printed as CMYK builds.
- Please include a PDF, JPEG or hard copy of your final layout to help confirm the composition of the file
- If any fonts are linked incorrectly or missing or images shift, our preflight department will have an accurate map to reference
DO NOT EMBED images within your design.
- Files should be layered and include a separate file or "support file" for every placed image
- Embedded files cannot be checked for quality or adjusted for color and may act unpredictably when ripped at output
- Whenever possible use vector-based formats for logos and other illustrated images (non-photograph or raster images) in your artwork
All fonts MUST BE converted to OUTLINES.
- If fonts are not converted to outlines, please provide Macintosh or TruType fonts (.ttf)
- If changes need to be made in the file, please provide the fonts and a version of the file with editable type
Multiple Panels / Bleeds
- Multi-panel mural designs must be built as one image
- Please note where panel brakes are located and try to avoid type that crosses over the panel brakes
- All graphics require specific bleeds and these are specified in each product template
- Multi-panel graphics require a ½" bleed on the outside perimeter
- If the template doesn’t call out a bleed requirement please provide a minimum 2" bleed on all sides
- Graphic templates can be found within the Graphic Template section on each product page
Graphic Proofs / PMS Color Matching
- E-proofs (electronic emailed PDFs) are provided at no charge for reviewing layout and content.
- E-proofs are not color correct and should not be used for confirmation of final quality
PMS Color Matches
- Please include any PMS color matches in your quote request, artwork file, purchase order; or via email
- Specified PMS color matches will be matched to the best possible interpretation for the specific output device
- Catalogs, printed proofs, etc. can also be used for color matching
- PMS color(s) will be matched to PMS Solid Coated colors - unless otherwise specified
Color Matching Previous Prints
- If color needs to be consistent with a previous order please include this information in your quote request, artwork file, purchase order; or via email
- You may be required to send a sample for matching purposes.
Graphic Proof Options
- If specific color matching is critical, we strongly recommend ordering a printed proof prior to printing
- Although ordering printed proofs adds cost and production time, it is the ONLY WAY to ensure that color output will meet your satisfaction
- If you would like to order a printed proof, please add it to your quote request, artwork file, purchase order; or via email (price includes overnight shipping)
Submitting Your Files
- There are three ways to upload your print-ready files
- Please refer to our Artwork Upload page for additional information